This Electronic Funds Transfer Agreement is the contract which covers your and our rights and responsibilities concerning the electronic funds transfer ("EFT") services offered to you by Premier Credit Union ("Credit Union"). In this Agreement, the words "you" and "yours" mean those who sign the application or account card as applicants, joint owners, or any authorized users. The words "we," "us," and "our" mean the Credit
Union. The word "account" means any one or more share and share draft accounts you have with the Credit Union. Electronic funds transfers are electronically initiated transfers of money from your account through the electronic funds transfer services described below. By signing an application or account card for EFT services, signing your Card, or using any service, each of you, jointly and severally, agree to the terms and conditions in this Agreement and any amendments for the EFT services offered.
1. EFT Services. If approved, you may conduct any one or more of the EFT services offered by the Credit Union.
a. ATM Card. If approved, you may use your Card and PIN (Personal Identification Number) in automated teller machines of the Credit Union, Shazam, Cirrus networks, and such other machines or facilities as the Credit Union may designate. For ATM transactions, you must consent to the Credit Union’s overdraft protection plan in order for the transaction amount to be covered under the plan. Without your consent, the Credit Union may not authorize and pay an overdraft resulting from this type of transaction. Services and fees for ATM overdrafts are shown in the document the Credit Union uses to capture the member’s opt-in choice for overdraft protection and the Schedule of Fees and Charges.
At the present time, you may use your Card to:
The following limitations on the frequency and amount of ATM transactions may apply:
Because of the servicing schedule and processing time required in ATM operations, there may be a delay between the time a deposit (either cash or check) is made and when it will be available for withdrawal.
b. MasterMoney Debit Card. You may use your Card to purchase goods and services from participating merchants. However, you may not use your card to initiate any type of electronic gambling transactions through the Internet. If you wish to pay for goods or services over the Internet, you may be required to provide card number security information before you will be permitted to complete the transaction. You agree that you will not use your Card for any transaction that is illegal under applicable federal, state, or local law. Funds to cover your Card purchases will be deducted from your share draft account. For one-time debit transactions, you must consent to the Credit Union’s overdraft protection plan in order for the transaction amount to be covered under the plan. Without your consent, the Credit Union may not authorize and pay an overdraft resulting from these types of transaction. Services and fees for overdrafts are shown in the document the Credit Union uses to capture the member’s opt-in choice for overdraft protection and the Schedule of Fees and Charges.
For other types of transactions, if the balance in your account is not sufficient to pay the transaction amount, the credit union may pay the amount and treat the transaction as a request to transfer funds from other deposit accounts, approved overdraft protection accounts, or loan accounts that you have established with the Credit Union. If you initiate a transaction that overdraws your account, you agree to make immediate payment of any overdrafts together with any service charges to the Credit Union. In the event of repeated overdrafts, the Credit Union may terminate all services under this Agreement. You may use your Card and PIN (Personal Identification Number) in automated teller machines of the Credit Union, Shazam, Cirrus networks, and such other machines or facilities as the Credit Union may designate. At the present time, you may also use your Card to:
The following limitations on the frequency and amount of MasterMoney Debit Card transactions may apply:
c. TouchTone Teller. If we approve the TouchTone Teller for your accounts, a separate PIN (Personal Identification Number) will be assigned to you. You must use your PIN (Personal Identification Number) along with your account number to access your accounts. At the present time you may use the TouchTone Teller to:
Your accounts can be accessed under the TouchTone Teller via a touch tone telephone only. TouchTone Teller service will be available for your convenience twenty-four (24) hours per day. This service may be interrupted for a short time each day for data processing.
The Credit Union reserves the right to refuse any transaction which would draw upon insufficient funds, exceed a credit limit, lower an account below a required balance, or otherwise require us to increase our required reserve on the account. All checks are payable to you as a primary member and will be mailed to your address of record. The Credit Union may set other limits on the amount of any transaction, and you will be notified of those limits. The Credit Union may refuse to honor any transaction for which you do not have sufficient available verified funds. The service will discontinue if no transaction is entered after numerous unsuccessful attempts to enter a transaction, and there may be limits on the duration of each telephone call.
d. Preauthorized EFTs.
e. Electronic Check Conversion/Electronic Returned Check Fees. If you pay for purchases or bills with a check or share draft you may authorize your check or share draft to be converted to an electronic fund transfer. You may also authorize merchants or other payees to electronically debit your account for returned check fees. You are considered to have authorized these electronic funds transfers if you complete the transaction after being told (orally or by a notice posted or sent to you) that the transfer may be processed electronically or if you sign a written authorization.
f. Premier Online. If we approve the Premier Online for your accounts, a separate PIN (Personal Identification Number) will be assigned to you. You must use your PIN (Personal Identification Number) along with your account number to access your accounts. At the present time, you may use the Premier Online to:
Your accounts can be accessed under the Premier Online via personal computer. Premier Online will be available for your convenience twenty-four (24) hours per day. This service may be interrupted for a short time each day for data processing. We reserve the right to refuse any transaction which would draw upon insufficient funds, exceed a credit limit, lower an account below a required balance, or otherwise require us to increase our required reserve on the account. All checks are payable to you as a primary member and will be mailed to your address of record. We may set other limits on the amount of any transaction, and you will be notified of those limits. We may refuse to honor any transaction for which you do not have sufficient available verified funds. The service will discontinue if no transaction is entered after numerous unsuccessful attempts to enter a transaction, and there may be limits on the duration of each access.
g. PremierPay. We will process bill payment transfer requests only to those creditors the Credit Union has designated in the User Instructions and such creditors as you authorize and for whom the Credit Union has the proper vendor code number. We will not process any bill payment transfer if the required transaction information is incomplete.
We will withdraw the designated funds from your share draft account for bill payment transfer by the designated cut-off time on the date you schedule for payment. We will process your bill payment transfer within a designated number of days before the date you are scheduled for payment. You must allow sufficient time for vendors to process your payment after they receive a transfer from us. Please leave as much time as though you were sending your payment by mail. We cannot guarantee the time that any payment will be credited to your account by the vendor.
2. Transfer Limitations. For all share accounts, you may make no more than six (6) transfers and withdrawals from your account to another account of yours or to a third party in any month by means of a preauthorized, automatic or Internet transfer, by telephonic order or instruction, or by check, draft, debit card or similar order. If you exceed these limitations, your account may be subject to a fee or be closed.
3. Conditions of EFT Services.
a. Ownership of Cards. Any Card or other device which we supply to you is our property and must be returned to us, or to any person whom we authorize to act as our agent, or to any person who is authorized to honor the Card, immediately according to instructions. The Card may be repossessed at any time at our sole discretion without demand or notice. You cannot transfer your Card or account to another person.
b. Honoring the Card. Neither we nor merchants authorized to honor the Card will be responsible for the failure or refusal to honor the Card or any other device we supply to you. If a merchant agrees to give you a refund or adjustment, you agree to accept a credit to your account in lieu of a cash refund.
c. Foreign Transactions. MasterCard. Purchases and cash withdrawals made in foreign currencies will be debited from your account in U.S. dollars. The exchange rate used to convert foreign currency transactions to U.S. dollars is either a government-mandated exchange rate or a wholesale exchange rate and is selected by MasterCard. The rate MasterCard uses for a particular transaction is the rate MasterCard selects for the applicable currency on the day the transaction is processed. This rate may differ from the rate applicable on the date the transaction occurred or was posted to your account.
A fee of up to 1% will be charged on all transactions completed outside of the United States, where the cardholder's country code differs from the merchant's country code. In addition, a fee of up to 1% will be charged on all transactions completed in a foreign currency. All fees are calculated based on the transaction amount after it is converted to U.S. dollars. These fees are charged except where excluded.
d. Security of Access Code. You may use one or more access codes with your electronic funds transfers. The access codes issued to you are for your security purposes. Any codes issued to you are confidential and should not be disclosed to third parties or recorded on or with the Card. You are responsible for safekeeping your access codes. You agree not to disclose or otherwise make your access codes available to anyone not authorized to sign on your accounts. If you authorize anyone to use your access codes, that authority shall continue until you specifically revoke such authority by notifying the Credit Union. You understand that any joint owner you authorize to use an access code may withdraw or transfer funds from any of your accounts. If you fail to maintain the security of these access codes and the Credit Union
suffers a loss, we may terminate your EFT services immediately.
e. Joint Accounts. If any of your accounts accessed under this Agreement are joint accounts, all joint owners, including any authorized users, shall be bound by this Agreement and, alone and together, shall be responsible for all EFT transactions to or from any share and share draft or loan accounts as provided in this Agreement. Each joint account owner, without the consent of any other account owner, may, and hereby is authorized by every other joint account owner to, make any transaction permitted under this Agreement. Each joint account owner is authorized to act for the other account owners, and the Credit Union may accept orders and instructions regarding any EFT transaction on any account from any joint account owner.
4. Fees and Charges. There are certain fees and charges for electronic funds transfer services. From time to time, the charges may be changed. We will notify you as required by applicable law.
If you use an ATM not operated by us, you may be charged a fee by the ATM operator and by any national, regional, or local network used in processing the transaction (and you may be charged a fee for a balance inquiry even if you do not complete a fund transfer). The ATM surcharge will be debited from your account if you elect to complete the transaction or continue with the balance inquiry.
a. ATM Card Fees.
b. MasterMoney Debit Card Fees.
c. Preauthorized EFT Fees.
d. PremierPay Fees.
5. Member Liability. You are responsible for all transactions you authorize using your EFT services under this Agreement. If you permit someone else to use an EFT service, your Card or your access code, you are responsible for any transactions they authorize or conduct on any of your accounts. However, TELL US AT ONCE if you believe your Card and/or access code has been lost or stolen or if you believe someone has used your Card or access code or otherwise accessed your accounts without your permission, or if you believe that an electronic fund transfer has been made without your permission using information from your check. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit).
You are not liable for an unauthorized MasterCard debit card transaction that was not conducted at an ATM if you can demonstrate that you exercised reasonable care in protecting your Card from loss or theft, you have not reported two or more incidents of unauthorized use in the past twelve (12) months, and your account is in good standing. Otherwise your liability for an unauthorized MasterCard debit card transaction that was not conducted at an ATM will be no more than $50.
For all other EFT transactions involving access devices, including transactions conducted at ATMs, your liability for unauthorized transactions is determined as follows. If you tell us within two (2) business days, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your Card or code without your permission. If you do NOT tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your Card or code, and we
can prove that we could have stopped someone from using your Card or code without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.00.
Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, including those made by card, code or other means, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money lost after the sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from making the transfers if you had told us in time. If a good reason (such as a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods. If you believe your Card has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call:
(800) 234-5354 After Normal Business Hours
(515) 282-1611 During Normal Business Hours
Fax: (515) 282-5497
or write to:
Premier Credit Union
800 9th Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
You should also call the number or write to the address listed above if you believe a transfer has been made using the information from your check without your permission.
6. Right to Receive Documentation.
a. Periodic Statements. Transfers and withdrawals made through any ATM or POS terminal, Debit Card transactions, audio response transactions, preauthorized EFTs, electronic/PC transactions or bill payments you make will be recorded on your periodic statement. You will receive a statement monthly unless there is no transaction in a particular month. In any case, you will receive a statement at least quarterly.
b. Terminal Receipt. You can get a receipt at the time you make any transaction (except inquiries) involving your account using an ATM and/or POS terminal.
c. Legal Status of Receipts. Receipts from the machines are subject to verification by the Credit Union. However, the receipt provided to the person initiating the electronic fund transfer is prima facie proof of the transaction which it records. Deposits are subject to verification by the Credit Union of the amount actually deposited.
d. Member Records. Keep all receipts as your record of your electronic fund transfers/transactions until you have received your periodic statement and have determined that it is correct. It is important that you reconcile the amounts in your Credit Union accounts with the statements sent to you by promptly checking your record of deposits, withdrawals, and electronic fund transfers. If there is an error, please contact the Credit Union promptly as provided in Section 5 of this Agreement. Your receipt will be important in proving any error. If you do not contact the Credit Union promptly, you may lose the right to have your account credited for the error.
e. Direct Deposit. If you have arranged to have a direct deposit made to your account at least once every sixty (60) days from the same source and you do not receive a receipt (such as a pay stub), you can find out whether or not the deposit has been made by calling (866) 273-9938 or (515) 282-1611. This does not apply to transactions occurring outside the United States.
7. Account Information Disclosure. We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make:
8. Business Days. Our business days are Monday through Friday excluding holidays.
9. Credit Union Liability for Failure to Make Transfers. If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we may be liable for your losses or damages. However, we will not be liable for direct or consequential damages in the following events:
10. Notices. All notices from us will be effective when we have mailed them or delivered them to your last known address in the Credit Union's records. Notices from you will be effective when received by the Credit Union at the address specified in this Agreement. We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions upon which this service is offered. We will mail notice to you at least twenty-one (21) days before the effective date of any change. Use of this service is subject to existing regulations governing the Credit Union account and any future changes to those regulations.
The following information is a list of safety precautions regarding the use of Automated Teller Machines (ATM) and Night Deposit Facilities.
11. Billing Errors. In case of errors or questions about electronic funds transfers from your share and share draft accounts, or if you need more information about a transfer on the statement or receipt, telephone us at the following number or send us a written notice to the following address as soon as you can. We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem
Call us at:
(800) 234-5354 After Normal Business Hours
(515) 282-1611 During Normal Business Hours
Fax: (515) 282-5497
or write to:
Premier Credit Union
800 9th Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) business days.
We will tell you the results of our investigation within ten (10)* business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to forty-five (45)** days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within ten (10)* business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the
time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) business days, we may not credit your account.
We will tell you the results within three (3) business days of completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
* If you give notice of an error within thirty (30) days after you make the first deposit to your account, we will have twenty (20) business days instead of ten (10) business days.
** If you give notice of an error within thirty (30) days after you make the first deposit to your account, notice of an error involving a point of sale transaction, or notice of an error involving a transaction initiated outside the U.S. its possessions and territories, we will have ninety (90) days instead of forty-five (45) days to investigate.
12. Termination of EFT Services. You may terminate this Agreement or any EFT service under this Agreement at any time by notifying us in writing and stopping your use of your Card and any access code. You must return all Cards to the Credit Union. You also agree to notify any participating merchants that authority to make bill payment transfers has been revoked. We may also terminate this Agreement at any time by notifying you orally or in writing. If we terminate this Agreement, we may notify any participating merchants making preauthorized debits or credits to any of your accounts that this Agreement has been terminated and that we will not accept any further preauthorized transaction instructions. We may also program our computer not to accept your Card or access code for any EFT service. Whether you or the Credit Union terminates this Agreement, the termination shall not affect your obligations under this Agreement for any EFTs made prior to termination.
13. Governing Law. This Agreement is governed by the Bylaws of the Credit Union, federal laws and regulations, the laws and regulations
of the state of Iowa and local clearinghouse rules, as amended from time to time. Any disputes regarding this Agreement shall be subject to
the jurisdiction of the court of the county in which the Credit Union is located.
14. Enforcement. You are liable to us for any loss, cost or expenses we incur resulting from your failure to follow this Agreement. You authorize us to deduct any such loss, costs or expenses from your account without prior notice to you. If we bring a legal action to collect any amount due under or to enforce this Agreement, we shall be entitled, subject to applicable law, to payment of reasonable attorney's fees and
costs, including fees on any appeal, bankruptcy proceedings, and any post-judgement collection actions.
DIAAO2 (510022)-e 10/2010